Fritters can be made 30 minutes ahead; keep warm in a 200°F oven. Fritters can also be frozen and reheated at 350°F for 8 minutes for up to 1 month.
- Prep Time: 25m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 40m
- Category: Meatless Meals
- Servings: 4 people
- Yield: 4 pancakes each
- Calories: 300
- Protein: 4 g
- 1/3 c grapeseed oil or vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt plus more for seasoning
- 1 1/2 lb zucchini (about 3 medium or 2 large), grated
- Place zucchini in a colander set in the sink and toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand 10 minutes, then press grated zucchini into edges of colander to expel remaining liquid.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl and gently mix in egg, flour, onions, and cornstarch. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop tablespoon fulls of zucchini mixture into skillet, flattening them as you go. As you scoop and place the mixture into the pan, be sure to keep the size of your fritters small so that they do not fall apart when you flip them. Smaller fritters are easier to store and re-heat in the oven later, too!
- Cook until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer fritters to a paper towel-lined plate; season with salt. Serve with garlic lemon sour cream.